From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 03:29:01 -0400
Toram, be careful with pyrethrins.  They not only can cause allergies,
but they can be poisonous depending on species and amount (humans can be
poisoned over a certain amount, and an FML member years ago lost a LOT
of ferrets when it was used in the home so check the archives on that
or perhaps that person will speak up so that his terrible experience
may spare you a repetition since he is still here).  In fact, if memory
serves on some places where i have seen it (3:30 a.m. being too danged
late to want to walk to the back and crack the text), the Physicians'
Desk Reference for Herbal Medicines is only one of the herbal resources
which go into how to treat for this type of poisoning.

>ticks that you get in the USA is not the type of tick we get here in the
>UK, your tick so I was told is a bird tick, where as here in the UK our
>tick is a sheep tick

It's nowhere near that simple.  There are quite a range of tick types
found in pretty much any large land mass with warm enough locations.