From:
Mary McCarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:50:59 -0500
This was sent to the AFA and I wanted to post in case anyone is
interested in adopting.  I believe this is in Virginia.

Mary McCarty-Houser
Vice President, American Ferret Assn
www.ferret.org <http://www.ferret.org>

FYI-Recently, the Fairfax County Animal Shelter had eight ferrets brought
in and released to the County that were nearly starved to death.  The
ferrets have almost fully recovered from their ordeal and there is an
ongoing cruelty investigation that may result in charges being brought
against the previous owner/custodian of these animals.  In the meantime,
the ferrets have been placed up for adoption.

If anyone in your membership is interested in adopting one or more of
these animals, please contact the Fairfax County Animal Shelter at
(703)830-1100 for more information and adoption eligibility.

Thanks!
Lynn Reid