From:
Denise Kamarunas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:09:52 EST
Dear FML Members,

First, I would like to thank the dozens of Maryland residents, and
all others that have travelled and stayed on board to work this very
difficult rescue.  It never ceases to amaze me the response when a call
is put out for a need on a rescue like this.  Barb, our Shelter Director,
has received hands-on assistance from ferret lovers from PA, VA, NJ, NC,
and SC, in addition to the daily Maryland folks helping out.

In addition, we have received financial support that has carried us
through the first spays and medical treatments.  We have quite a long
way to go in getting spay/neuters/adrenal/misc surgical procedures, vet
exams, vacs and other medical treatments accomplished.

Please visit the photo essay at Rocky's website
http://www.rockysferrets.com/, it has been reformatted to be more user
friendly/accessible.  This rescue and the furkids are well documented,
as it should be for not only legal reasons, but words cannot possibly
describe the horrendous conditions these ferrets came out of.

Donations to help Rocky's accomplish giving care can be made directly to
our vet clinic, Chadwell Animal Hospital - 3004 Emmorton Rd., Abingdon,
Md. 21009 443-512-8338.  They will accept credit cards over the phone,
as well as apply to our account any checks received.  Just make sure
that you enclose a memo on the check and a note that it is to be applied
to Rocky's account.  We do not and are not able to run a balance at
Chadwell's.  Dr. Gold opened the clinic this past year, and as is usually
true with any new business, cash flow is important for them to meet their
day to day bills.  However, Doc Gold has assured us that he would never
refuse us with treatment for an emergency.  Other donations can be made
by Paypal to [log in to unmask], or sent directly to the shelter at
Barb Clay 832C Falls Rd, Parkton, Md.  21120.

From all of us here at Rocky's, thank you all for your continued support
for this rescue.  We have a long way to go and as much as we work
constantly to be a self-supporting shelter, we do need help at this time.

Thanking you for what you have done, as well as your continued love,
compassion and generosity.

Sincerely,
Denise Kamarunas, President
Rocky's Ferret Rescue and Shelter