From:
"Ada ( Weaselpals)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:43:35 -0700
Hello,
This is going to be a sad post so if you dont like them you will need to
skip this one.

1st of all I would like Sandee to check on my little boy whose name is:
Runner the ferret It is one year ago today since he left me.

Runner came to me on a very hot day, I was busy doing laundry when the
phone rang, it was Someone who had got my phone number from Super Pets
pet store, He said that his dog kept barking and he went outside to see
what was going on, his dog was on a tie out leash, their was a ferret
runner loose in his yard, so the man got a 55 gallon white drum and laid
it on its side and put some food in it and the ferret when into it and he
called me.  The man said to me you how are you going to get the ferret
out of the drum??  Then he said to me you are not going to stick your
hand down in the barrow are you??  He said ferrets bite, I just laughed
and said to him either he is going to bite or he isnt going to bite me we
will both know in a minute.

He was a long dehydrated sable ferret, and no he did not bite me or try
to get away.  I took him home and feed him soft food for 44 days before
he began to eat kibble.  I put up signs and had one call from a lady that
said she lost her ferret a year ago in the winter time and wanted to know
if I had her ferret!!  My first thought was your ferret has passed away
by now or someone else has it.  Her ferret was a female albino.  I guess
that I do have to give her credit for wondering what happened to her
ferret.

I remember little things about Runner, Every Tuesday I would clean the
bathroom, put down clean newspapers, when I was done Runner would come
in the bathroom to check things out he would go Potty on the newspapers
then he would always wipe his butt on the clean throw rugs, it used to
make me mad, but now when I do the bathroom, I always think of his pretty
little sable eyes looking up at me and saying Mom I didnt have toliet
paper so I had to use your rugs.  Also when he 2 cages mates would
wrestle he would RUN as hard and he could and come and sit by my feet and
look up at me it was like Mom come and help they are being bad.

I named him Runner because either he had run away(Escaped) from his home
or someone had let outside and when I found him he looked like he had
running for days.

Well thats it Mom has vented for today and misses you Runner, you are
still my boy in my heart.

Ada (Weaselpals)