From:
Linda Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:52:58 -0400
Dooks all and to anon poster about shelter fundraising and asking for
help.

>However, it seems like there are certain shelters or individuals that
>are turning the FML into a classified section, and it's getting a bit
>old.  If it were different shelters every day, or you would see a given
>shelter once or twice a month, it would be different.  But after
>scrolling past the 'ad' section week after week, seeing TinyPrints almost
>daily it seems, I just found it distrubing that LittlePrints has ebay
>items listed so often, and is still begging for funds to assist with
>a 6 ferret rescue, while other shelters around the country are doing 6+
>ferret rescues all the time but we never see them posting for
>funds/sponsors.

I have been on the FML for a while now and I read ALL the messages on the
FML that I receive.  I do see people asking for help in the
shelters/rescues but this to be expected when there is a rescue.  Most
of the time these poor ferrets come into shelters in bad shape and need
much medical treatment; I just took in 2 ferrets myself that were to be
put down in an SPCA and it cost me alot when I brought them home.

I do not think it is fair or very nice what you(ANON Poster) state in
this paragraph and to single out TinyPrints.  I know her from a few
ferret lists we both belong to and have sent donations to her for her
ferrets; wish I could send much more.  She does what she has to to run
the shelter in a very professional and dedicated way and she DOES NOT
ask for help from the SOS like a great deal of shelters do.  She does all
she does on her own and with help from donations for the love of these
ferrets.  She even gives up vacation time with her family because of her
dedication to these ferrets(24/7) and also, she has taken in many ferrets
over the past few months and they all had major medical problems.  Well,
I will not keep on going so I do not get myself in trouble but I do not
think it was a problem for her to post about needing funds to help these
ferrets and I will continue to subscribe to the FML.  That is what the
FML is for and if it was a problem for her to keep posting, I think the
moderator would have put a stop to it.  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK Tiny Prints
and another donation will be in the mail soon.  You do a great job
Marguerite.  I know this because I have read all your posts.  I thank you
for saving all the ferrets and for all the hard work you do for the love
of fuzzies.

Dooks--Linda and her crew
Ferrets--Kodo, Tacoma, Cheyenne and Dakota
Ratties--Jacy, Topher and Ash

Dooks from me & my ferrets--Tacoma , Kodo & rescue ferrets Dakota &
Cheyenne who now have a forever home
"Ferrets leave tiny little paw prints on our hearts"
Ferret grandma to Fria, Loki, Vivi and Duke...
missing Jamocha at Rainbow Bridge
Ratties--Jacy, Topher and Ash
Visit my daughter & her fiance's ferret web site at
http://www.hideyhole.org