From:
salmndr007 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 20:21:30 -0400
Hello everyone,

This is my first post although I have been reading along for a while
now.  I have three little ones who are the pride and joy of my wife and
I.  Anyway, I have been working at a vet hospital in South Carolina and
have stumbled upon a little piece of knowledge.  Ferret distemper shots
which are not created by Ferevac (spelling?) have been causing some
reactions in ferrets with symptoms including severe tenderness of skin
and swelling of the face.  Here is the trick, if you have your vet
administer a small amount of what we know as benedryl (animal grade)
about 20 minutes before the vaccin)e it greatly reduces the chance for
reactions.  We have had 100% success with this so far.  Just letting
everyone know so that the little fuzzbutts can still get vaccinated and
remain healthy.

Nisha and Sal
three fuzzies: Pico, Sweetheart aka little bit, and Romeo aka big boi
dog (big ferret): Shadow