From:
Celtic Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:24:14 -0500
This morning Hobbes died on his way to the vet to be put to sleep.

Hobbes is one of the "kits" we kept from my breeding days.  He was my
son's pet until he lost interest in the ferrets.  Hobbes was a big dark
sable boy with a hooded mask.  He was friendly and outgoing and used as
an education ferret in his younger days.

Hobbes was never a show quality ferret with his slightly askewed ears
giving him a lopsided look at first glance.

Hobbes was never much on playing with toys except a wigglegiggle ball
that he would take upstairs and put in the back of the closet.

Hobbes spent in final years first in the retirement cage for older
ferrets and when he started losing weight he was moved to the sick cage.
We were able to get his weight pretty quickly with duck soup.  He was
raised on it, so this was a big treat and not a battle to force feed him.

Hobbes lived with his parents, Husky (deceased), his mother Killer
(Killconey) and sister Ione.  I believe a couple of his siblings are
waiting for him at the Rainbow Bridge.

KG