Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:30:03 -0400
From:
Carol Krause <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,
Maybe some of you remember about 3 years ago,I posted about being careful
when introducing a baby ferret to older established ferrets.  I had a
baby girl named Sprinkles who I wanted to integrate with Sonnee & Mickee.
Sonnee grabbed her, like they usually do, but what I didn't know right
away was that he severed a vein in the area at her shoulders.  She seemed
fine except for a bit of blood......but it didn't stop oozing.  I took
her to the vet the next day and she had to have surgery,and died that
night.  It got infected that quickly.  It was the single most awful
thing that happened to me concerning my ferrets.  Everyone said it was
a million to 1 accident,and that he just caught her at a soft spot, but
knowing that did not make it one bit easier to deal with.

Anyway,I went on a pick up to Chester Co.  SPCA......and there she stood.
Sprinkles.  I dug out snapshots, and it's she.  They changed her name to
Cassie, but that was only to try & fool me.  They say she is 1 1/2 (more
like 1/2)

She will be unpacking her bags here.  She will be with Banana ( also a
Chester Co. SPCA rescue) & Jo Jo Dancer ( a dump),who I paired up, and
who look like they are from the same litter.  Brothers anyway.  I am so
blessed that I am able to help many unwanted ferrets.

I haven't posted to the FML for awhile, and I want to say that I consider
Judy Cooke to be a good friend and one of the best individuals in the
ferret community.  Although I never entered a ferret in the contest, I
got to vote on the pics for the calendar that was put together the year
I went to the Niagara Falls symposium.  What fun, and all the ferrets
deserved to win.  :)

Have a great weekend all, from a VERY happy me.

Regards,
Carol