From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 03:35:23 -0700
On May 24, 2005, at 5:37 AM, FurpeopleWeyr wrote:
>I had one who could from a flat footed stand, go straight up and grab
>the top of a partition 31" high.  That was as high as I could make the
>barrier and still have any hope of being able to step over it.
>
>I did read some where about some one cutting a length of 3 or 4" PVC
>pipe and slipping it over the edge of the barrier.  The ferrets can
>still jump and grab, but they can't hold onto the PVC, and their
>'fingers' slide right off.

Thank you so much, Brenda, for the info!  I will incorporate the PVC pipe
into my plan.  Another person in the group described something good she
saw in Sweden -- a sort of overhang for the inside at an angle like that
of a barn roof, and I'll add that if the PVC pipe doesn't solve the
problem..

I will make the walls 4' high.  I plan to have a 2-gate "moat" for
entering the pen, so I won't have to step over it.  Plus.4 ft will be a
discouraging to my dogs -- I don't want them jumping in and landing on
top of a little fert by mistake.  They are all playing together rather
well these days, and I expect to let the dogs into the pen when I spend
time in it.

RiccoRobertAdaTinaArtie