From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 09:55:40 -0700
I noticed in today's FML that someone had commented on how badly ferrets
were being taken care of in their local Pet Supermarket.  I do not mean
to say that those guys don't need help.... however...

My local Pet Supermarket (in fact, both of them, as there are two here)
is very good about their ferrets.  I go in all the time, and it's where
I buy my ferret food (I mix ferret food with IAMS kitten food and I get
both there).

I will say that when they get a new shipment in, there are really too
many ferrets for the space they're in, but that usually doesn't last
long.  And the "cage" is always clean, even when there are lots of
fuzzies... the "litterbox corner" of course often has some poopies in it,
but it's never been really bad.  And there's always plenty of food, the
water bottles are always at least half full.

In fact, once I picked up a ferret to play and he sneezed, spraying me
with mucus.  I turned to the clerk immediately and said, "he has an
infection of some sort." They said, the vet has been to see him, and he's
on drops and anti-biotics for a sinus infection (or whatever it was...
they actually held up the medicine).  I was surprised, but pleased.

They sell both Sheppard & Greene and Marshall ferret food - both adult
and senior formulas.  They have ferretone, lots of treats, lots of toys,
etc.

Not that anyone is perfect, but I think we need to make sure we judge
each store on it's own merit - praise the ones that are good, and try
to fix the ones that are bad.

OK, down off the soap box.  LOL

Debbie