From:
Sara Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:54:27 -0800
>From:    Kristen Evans <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Flying Ferrets
>
>I will be taking a trip in the next couple of months from the Tampa area
>in Florida to the Charlotte, North Carolina area - all in all it's about
>a 10 hour trip.  We will be taking our three beloved kids with us and
>I'm wondering if anyone has every flown ferrets before?  If anyone can
>offer any advise on how to travel long distances with our fuzzy little
>friends I would greatly appreciate it!

Kristen,
I have gone back east (from Wash. state) to attend many ferret shows.
The only airlines that will allow ferrets in the cabin with you is Delta
and American West.  You have to call them directly and book your carrier.
There are FAA approved carrier sizes and most pet stores carry them.  In
addition, you can only have 2 ferrets per carrier and only 1 carrier per
person.  Your carrier counts as your carry-on luggage.  For Delta, it is
$50.00 (down from $75.00) each way to transport your ferret with you.
For American West, it is $80.00 each way.  And the kicker is... they
don't get frequent travel miles!!

Sara Hamilton
Leizel's Weasels
www.leizelsweasels.com
"Home of the 2003 AFA Ferret of the Year-JBF's Isabella of LW"