From:
Sara Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:23:00 -0800
Well, with all of the breeding troubles this year... I thought that I
would chime in with some good news!  This was an accidental mating.
Rosie was in heat and Romeo was coming in.  In fact, he was scheduled to
get neutered the next week and Rosie was on her way to the vhob the next
day.  Well, they were in separate playpens while their cages were getting
cleaned.  Their food dishes were up high so that they won't spill the
food on the floor, plus it gives them some exercise.  Anyhow, we figured
that Romeo climbed up on the food dish and continued to jump until he was
over the other side of the playpen with Rosie.  They were only with each
other for 3 hours and both first timers.  Romeo hadn't even had the other
testicle dropped yet.  So, we thought... nah... she couldn't be pregnant.
Well, just to be cautious, my mother brought Rosie over to me and sure
enough, she delivered 5 babies yesterday.  They are all very healthy, 3
weigh 10g, 1 at 8g and a moose at 12g.  I know for sure that I have all
dark eyed and one mitt.  She is such an awesome mom!  If there was ever
a textbook pregnancy, this was it.  It was just perfect!  Still crossing
fingers, but so far so good!!  I am trying not to be too invasive as she
is my mother's jill and I haven't seen her since she left home a couple
of months ago.  All kits are nursing like crazy and mom is being great!
For anyone who's interested in lineage:

LW's Bellarosa (aka Rosie), sire: SH's Ichi-Ban of WWW, dam: JBF's
Isabella of LW
DOT's SpitFire Mr. Romeo, sire: SH's BackFire (aka BatBoy) of DOT, dam:
FTN's Shiraz of DOT

Breeder initials:
LW=Leizel's Weasels
SH=Shady Hollow
JBF=Just a Business of Ferrets
DOT=Den of Thieves
FTN=Ferretown, USA.
WWW=Wild Wannabe Weasels

Sara Hamilton
Leizel's Weasels
www.leizelsweasels.com
"Home of the 2003 AFA Ferret of the Year-JBF's Isabella of LW"