From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:13:04 -0600
I don't know about the rest of you, but personally, I am sick and
tired of the moaning and groaning from people about Petco.  Every big
corporation has problems.  It is called Corporate America.  You know that
it takes a lot more than a few people whining on a mailing list to change
anything.  If you are SO concerned, go to the problem.  Fight them and
fight them hard.  Posting how you feel here won't do a darn thing except
wear out your welcome and make our ears bleed.  Don't tell us about it.
This topic is wearing really thin.  There are bigger problems in this
society and Petco is merely a speck on the butt of life.  I have never
worked at a Petco, so I am in no position to judge nor stick up for them,
just like others who do not have an affiliation.  You can't reject the
corporation as a whole due to a few bad seeds.  Well you can reject them,
but it won't make a difference.  Sure, don't take your business to Petco.
They don't care, as there are thousands of others who will make up for
it.  They have a large customer base and that will never change.  Such
is life.

We all know that there are some problems with Petco, among other mass
retail stores.  Why single out Petco?  Oh wait...PetSmart was singled out
for the past few months.  Who is next?  Burlington Coat Factory stores
all over sell a TON of fur products...how about them?  If anything, I
think we should be concerned about the mom and pop stores that take in
other peoples ferrets and animals that have medical conditions, etc, and
then try to sell them for a profit.  Talk about bad business practice.
But, we are not the Better Business Bureau.  Small business are an easier
fish to fry.

I know we are all concerned about the ferrets and practices at Petco...
but the discussion is taking a turn for the worst.  It is things like
this that other ferret mailing lists and groups have been formed because
some of the people on this list fly off the deep end about everything.
We are all passionate about our furry ones, or else we wouldn't be here.
But c'mon.  Petco has been the target of issues for years, and guess
what?  THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS!  We are peons when it comes to
Corporate America.  Corporations don't always act as they should-and
they have a big impact on working families as employers, consumers of
community resources and various other levels.  Ethics aren't always
there, and again, such is life.  If you truly want to make yourself
heard-keep going to the corporation.  They are the only ones who can do
anything....not us.  I am glad that some of you are so passionate about
it, but let's get real.  It would take everyone on the FML to even
possibly make a dent in Petco's thinking, not a few posts here and there.
Take it from me...it is difficult to make a pet store chain (be it small
or large) come crashing to a halt.  But it should be happening soon here
in my state.  Without any pet store laws in place, a few us of filled
enough complaints with the city about a pet store (that has location
across the country), and the city has placed HUGE fines on the store and
a HUGE lawsuit by the city is planning to shut them down.  I am a key
witness for the prosecution and with my statements and those form others,
the pet store may close forever.  If you feel Petco has problems, you
have to go to the source.  Get others together and form a group.  You
have to fight the problem, not just whine about it.  Use the voice you
were given.  File complaints with the city the store is located in.  That
is how to handle it.

[AS]