From:
Robert Gibson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:47:18 -0500
Hello --

I posted a message here a week or two ago about my ferrets sleeping in my
dresser.  Them sleeping in the dresser was not the problem, the problem
was them messing behind the dresser drawers.

I wanted to thank everyone that offered useful or funny advice.  To be
honest I had tried almost every suggestion given.  I was hoping that
there was a unique solution to my problem which would allow the ferrets
to exist in the dresser without having to worry about them using the
bathroom behind the drawers but none were offered that seemed quite
right.

What I have done is gotten a small plastic storage bin which is lower
than the drawer height and cut down the sides so the ferrets could easily
get in and out then placed that bin behind the dresser drawer.  It worked
well, with the problem of overshoot -- the little devils pooped over the
top of the bin.  I got a second bin and only cut down one side (for easy
entrance and exit) and now use that.  As long as I empty it once in the
morning and once in the evening everything is great.

Ferrets are happy.  I am happy.  And I almost always know where they are
sleeping now!  The really funny thing is when I put the new mini litter
box behind the drawer it took the ferrets about 4 days before they
started using it.  Now I find that they use it several times a day.

Rob G