From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:34:12 -0500
dear fml;

first i would like to thank all of you for sending your notes they are
all very touching .

last night when i came home from work and bounced up the stairs yelling
"honey im home" .  i saw my wife sitting in front of the computer with
tears rolling down her cheeks all i could say was what the hell happened
to get you this upset .  when alex told me that my little switch was gone
it really didn't supprise me .  she had gotten out before and was
downstairs in the closet taunting the dog so i thought this could happen
again and she wont be this lucky .  well she wasn't .

the reality of the whole thing didn't hit until the drive home today .  i
can never again hold my baby girl up by her middle so she looks like a
vulture .  then lower her down and kiss her on the end of her nose just
below her big white spot .

i cleared the snow off a spot under the apple tree near where don't
(sister to no) and sabrina (the bat biter) are and let the sun warm it
all day .  then i pulled out a shovel and a big impact drill and dug a
hole for switch .

after letting lilly ( who came home from the vet today )have a few
minutes with switch ( i believe that animals know and need to say good
bye just like us ) we brought switch out wrapped in the shiniest fabric
i have ever seen and placed her with don't and sabrina .  that's when i
lost it .  there is now a small spot under the apple tree where it looks
like a hyacinth has found the only warm spot in town the dirt is all
covered with snow again all but the spot where switches flower is.

dann husband to alex sad in mass