From:
Mike Janke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:24:01 -0500
>From:    Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Real Canadian Ferrets
>
>Does anyone have information on this breeder?
>I need all information, positive and negative.

Penny, who recently passed away, was a "Real Canadian Ferret."  I still
have her certificate from that breeder, if anything on those papers will
help, though there really isn't too much info.  Among other things, it
states she was spayed at six weeks of age at Morden Veterinary Clinic,
though it looks like a "fill in the blanks" form letter that the vet
signs, so they probably all say the same thing.  Also keep in mind the
papers are from 1998, so who know what has changed since then.

Penny was the healthiest of all the ferrets I have had in the past 20
years.  Not that you can make any judgement of the breeder by one ferret.
She was always a little nippy and whenever I took her to the vet, the
first words out of my mouth to the tech when they wanted to weigh her
was, "she bites."  But she only drew blood a few times from various vet
techs and only under extreme duress.  Still, it earned her an "I BITE!"
sign on her enclosure whenever she had to stay at the clinic.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Help Line, 305-385-6750
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Ferret Health Care web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc
*