From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:03:24 -0800
Hi everyone!  I'm sorry I've been missing a bit, but my hoomin has da
flu.  I'm so glad I don't get da flu anymore.  Nope.  No flu at the
bridge, that's for sure.  Now that my hoomin is taking dictation again,
ahem, I can tell you about a sweet little fella named Freddy that came
to the bridge a while back.

For this greeting, I gathered many little ones to make it extra special.
This way the first thing he'd see were his friends and family.  So Moxy,
Baby, Mitzy, Sandy, Beasely, Daisy, Heidi, Casey, Bear, Toby, Murphy,
Smokey, Bandit, Buddy, and Laser followed me to take a place at the foot
of the bridge.  Soon after, Freddy came toddling over the worn planks of
the bridge dragging an orange fleece.  His eyes lit up to see so many
friendly faces around him.  A warm glow came over his little face.  I
smiled and trotted up to him to introduce myself and the Rainbow Bridge.
When I told him where he was, it was like a little light bulb went off
above his head.  His mama had told him all about it here.  So he was
already acquainted with the Bridge, and how terrific it is here.  A warm
breeze was blowing through our fur that day.  And the rainbow seemed
extra bright up above.

Freddy asked us to show him the sites and all the things he ever heard
about.  So off on a tour we went.  Freddy stopped occasionally to take
deep breaths.  He said it had been a while since he felt like he could
breath the world in and that he felt so free.

"Speaking of free, why don't we find you a sleepy place to put your
fleece into before we go any further," I suggested.  So off we went to
where all the sleepy sacks are.

Well, he was very picky.  He went through many kinds of sacks in
different places.  Laser got a bit impatient and finally suggested that
we try Hammy land.  So we moseyed over to where all the hammies hang in
the clouds.  Freddy was too energetic to try out hammies though.  He
dropped his fleece on a cloud and bounded from cloud to hammock, cloud
to hammock.  That's when Mitzy shouted, "those are hammies, not
trampolines!"  I told her he could do whatever he wanted on them.  This
is the Rainbow Bridge.  Freddy finally announced that he didn't want to
sleep there either.  So I suggested that we look at other things and
forget finding a sleepy place right now.  So Freddy grabbed his orange
fleece and off we all went.

As we were walking, Freddy asked about his mommy and wanted to see her.
So we had to stop a bit to explain that for right now, Mommy had things
to do on earth and he had things to do up here.  But that she'd be with
him in no time.  He explained to me that she was extra sad though because
he was the third baby she lost last month.  All his friends nodded their
heads with concern.  "Her heart will mend.  Every time she feels a breeze
she will feel you.  Every time it rains, it will wash away some of her
sorrow.  Every time the stars shine she'll be reminded of you, and every
time she closes her eyes she'll be able to see you.  And Moxy explained
what the reflecting pond was so that he could see her any time he wants.
Then the other ferrets giggled and danced to take his mind off of things.

They galloped through the soft grassy fields and then danced in the
flowers.  Then that's when Freddy became still and stared at something.
He found his resting place.  A little willow on a hill with the
beginnings of a burrow under it.  He nabbed his fleece and went bounding
over to it.  Everyone was excited and helped him dig his new home.  They
made it big enough for everyone so they can have sleep overs.

Last time I saw Freddy, he was sunning himself with all his friends under
that pretty little tree.

Sandee