From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 16 May 2005 22:26:55 -0400500_- Hey,
Well as you know, I am moving to Massachussetts in a few months. I am
currently trying to figure out the pet situation. I cannot imagine 10
months without an animal. It would probably kill me. LOL. Here's the
situation. I cannot take my dogs, cats, or ducks with me. That leaves
my ferrets. I also brought home a stray cat the other day, that I may
ee building and it was the middle of
the roof that collapsed. I know they were even carrying fish out in
buckets to save them. Humane Societies and rescue workers were there
getting out all the animals. Lisa my chime in more about this. [...]40_7Mar200508:08:[log in to unmask] 0503 6028 15 13_Petco Animals3_L [log in to unmask], 7 Mar 2005 13:51:32 +0000461_- The Petco in Eatontown, NJ, about 3 miles from where I work, did collapse
due to a gas main break outside the store on Friday afternoon.

According to the NY Times, 3 ferrets were rescued from the store.
They lost about half the birds (approx 30 to 40 birds), fish, and
unfortunately the reptiles were in the area where the roof collapsed
and a lot perished. But they saved around 120 to 130 animals according
to local news reports. [...]44_7Mar200513:51:[log in to unmask] 0503 6044 29 16_Re: Petco [log in to unmask], 7 Mar 2005 08:13:56 -0800508_- Re: Petco Babies

I work for Petco, and I know that after they evacuated the customers,
some of the employees went to go back into the building to get the
animals, but they weren't allowed. After the building blew, they weren't
allowed back in for a day, so by the time they got back in there, most
of the animals had died from freezing to death. They saved some mice,
gerbils, and a couple of fish, but the rest of the small animals, and
all the birds and reptiles were gone. [...]42_7Mar200508:13:[log in to unmask] 0503 6074 23 15_Accident on [log in to unmask], 7 Mar 2005 14:04:45 +0000560_- Dear All,

On Friday I was involved in a serious pileup on the M25 motorway.
Thankfully the weasels were in a cage on the passenger seat with a
seatbelt around them which is how we normally travel.

Can I please remind everyone to keep their weasels safe during transport.
I usually only have a hammock in the cage but Eric was wrapped in a
blanket on the floor of the cage which means he may have suffered
additional injuries as the car was shuttled between the car in front and
behind. As far as I am aware, they are all [...]46_7Mar200514:04:[log in to unmask] 0503 6098 14 19_FERRET-FREE AREAS??9_JOHN [log in to unmask], 8 Mar 2005 00:49:57 -0500364_- A while back I posted, asking if anyone knew the complete list of states
& districts, where ferrets are illegal to own. I know of NYC, and
California, but not all...I had been told Wash., D.C. also. I didn`t
read or receive any replies, so I am trying one more time....if anyone
knows of a website with this info., please relay the info.... [...]44_8Mar200500:49:[log in to unmask] 0503 6113 13 24_Responce to all Together20_William [log in to unmask], 7 Mar 2005 17:09:15 EST449_- I too Allow My Three Fur Kids two Boys and one Girl to be together and to
sleep together in the same Cage and yes after the Little squabbles are
settled they are now fine together and I do belive it has brought them
into a closer relationship with each other They all protect each other
and look out for the humans when one is being a little naughty LOL!!!!!
like stealing the remote or Popping were we are not suppose too LOL [...]38_7Mar200517:09:[log in to unmask] 0503 6127 43 [log in to unmask], 7 Mar 2005 17:47:43 -0500427_- INTRODUCING: RAISIN

I recently had a
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 04:32:31 -0800
Dooks All ~!~!

Just a lil' old reminder that the March meeting of the Pacific Ferret
Shelter Network is coming up ~!~!  Now, you don't have to be a member to
attend.  Our doors are open to all who have a place in thier heart for
these kritters.

Meeting will be Saturday March 12, 2005, from 6-9pm at the Clairmont
Mobile Home Park recreation building.  13531 Clairmont Way, Oregon City.
If you need directions, please email [log in to unmask] or
[log in to unmask] or call the Oregon Ferret Shelter 503-557-8369.

Our guest speaker will be Dr Meg Frey, DVM.  Meg will help to provide
insight on the 'Ins and Outs' of various illnesses and just what those
funny colored 'outs' may mean.  (Ever REALLY wonder why some shelter
operators become 'stoolgazers'?).

A leprechaun named Kieran O'Ferit dropped by and left some gifts to give
out to some lucky people in attendance.  Think the Luck of the Irish is
with you?  You won't know if you're not there ~!~!~!

We will also be getting a list of those wishing to volunteer at the
Portland Pet & Companion Expo this April 16 & 17.  Volunteers need to
be registered in advance.  If you are interested, but can't be at the
meeting, please let me know.  Both the PFSN and the OFS will have
openings.

We're putting together a cage set up and working on filling it with
goodies to raffle off at the Expo.  If you wish to participate with a
donation, please get in touch with me or bring the item to the meeting

Dinner is Pot Luck - Please bring an entree and side or dessert to share.
Your own table setting is appreciated as well.

Hope to see you there ~!~!~!

Kevin B & The Way Kewl Kritter Crew    [log in to unmask]
Pacific Ferret Shelter Network VP http://www.FERRETNET.ORG
Oregon Ferret Shelter volunteer http://www.OregonFerretShelter.com