From:
Lisa Oestereich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:23:34 -0500
For Toram Oslo: I BEGGED Soren to let us rescue ALL the animals instead
of euthanizing him - it wasn't a question of old or young - it was ALL
the ferrets.  I even offered to spay and neuter them all, thinking his
problem was with people wanting to breed them.  Hundreds of people and
ferret groups from all over the world agreed to take in some of these
animals.  I think it would have been the largest ferret rescue in
history.  I emailed Soren directly over and over and over again.  He
was not interested.  If no one would give him money - he would kill
them.  Soren's story has changed numerous times since we began this.  His
lies are many and he's twisted the facts so badly that even he doesn't
remember what he's said in the past.  I have each and every email he ever
sent me - so I have the proof that this guy is only in it for the money.
Sure, he cares about the ferrets - he cares about the money they bring
in, but not the animals.

Maybe we can't stop Soren from culling every year, but we can say no by
simply not buying his product.  Personally, I think his ferrets are
tremendous, but I'm not going to keep the "gassing machine" (as he puts
it) going by purchasing any of his stock --- this would, in a way, give
me some responsibility for his actions.  Before this whole thing started,
I did not know that he (and others) culled.  Yup, call me naieve, but I
had no idea.  Now that I know, the responsible thing to do is NOT TO BUY
HIS FERRETS.  Hitting him in the wallet is the only way to fight back.
I'm hoping that his court case last week had a favorable outcome for the
ferrets and not for him.  And remember, he's not the only big breeder
that culls.

So don't say no one has tried - I spent months and hundreds and hundreds
of hours trying to save those ferrets.  I assure you Soren has no ethical
issues with gassing between 200 and 300 ferrets every year and pelting
them (his own statement, in his own words to us).  We, the consumers must
show him that this is not acceptable to us and respond by not buying his
ferrets.  Just looking at my angoras and the hell their brethren are
going through rips my heart out each and every day.

So, in short, I don't know where you've been getting your
"information" because it's dead on wrong.  And I have the emails
from Soren to prove it.