From:
Lorraine Kozlowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:00:12 -0800
I am sitting here at my computer, crying my eyes out in gratitude.  I
posted by story yesterday and I have received so many e-mails with
advice, support and the most touching concern for both me and my guy.
I am just so very moved.  There must be something very very special
about people who love ferrets.  I cannot believe the out pouring of
warm fuzzies.  'Pun intended'  Thank you so very much.

Okay, the story goes on.  I sat down and started to search the web for
information on the problem.  I found lots of medical sites and medical
advice and lots of bad news.  Then I came across the site that talked
of Timmy's tonic.  It is all herbs.  The man said that his little one,
timmy, had lymphoma and it had already affected his liver.  He created
this recipe and all symptoms are gone.  The site shows all kinds of
letters from grateful people.  The tonic can be purchased at the
ferretstore.com.  I also found out the colloidal silver will help to
reduce the spleen back to its normal size.

I also found out that Marshall's ferret food is not great food for
ferrets and that a dick van patten premium cat food, all natural
ingredients is much better for him.  I also found out that ferrets being
the social animals that they are do much better with a buddy and Alex
and I are going to visit a shelter and see if he hooks up with a buddy
that he would like to have come live with us.

That being said.  I,of course, went to every web site, health food store,
etc. to find all the wonderful healthy stuff for Alex.  Did I mention
that the colloidal silver will reduce the spleen in 3 weeks.  Of course,
it is a holiday and I can't get anything delivered over night.  But I
thought I was doing great and Alex was on the road to recovery.  He was
doing really fine.

Then he started to moan and had his little nose against his belly and I
could see the pain in his face.  He fell asleep, but with little moans
between each breath.

I called a ferret shelter for advice and they said not prednosone but a
pedia-pred was better for ferrets.  I just wanted some suggestions to
help with the pain and discomfort.  But that requires a vet prescription.
So now, I believe that even though I plan to go ahead with the herbs and
natural treatments.  I should also be under a Dr. care.  I really like
my vet but she does not specialize in ferrets.  I went to miamiferret.org
for local vets and the closest one listed is in Stuart.  I am in Palm
Beach Gardens fl.  If anyone knows of a vet that works with ferrets in
this area please let me know.  I can not breath when he is in pain,
discomfort or any work that resembles it.

Thank you again for your kindness and support and tremendous caring.  Me
and my baby boy.  By the way, for those of you who want more information
on the herbs and colloidal silver the site I went to was
www.concentric.net/-gferret