From:
Grace Sylvan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1993 12:19:00 -0500
> Subject: Run, don't walk
> Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1993 20:22:17 -0500
> From: Michelle Davison <[log in to unmask]>

[story of ferrets getting out & all eventually found (lucky)]

> *Question:*
>
>       Where do I find a collar for a ferret (or 4 ferrets as the case
> may be)?  What kind of collar have you all had success with?  AND
> where do I find tags small enough for them to hobble around with?

Mine were in kitten harnesses, cut down, made of webbing - we used a
very hot nail to add holes, as I recall. I attached the tag to the
back, and just ordered the smallest tag offered from a place that does
dog/cat tags. The rug rats didn't seem to notice the tags, but needed
to get used to the harnesses. You need to put them on snug, just be
able to slip a finger tween fert and collar, or the fert will slip it
off! Also, check the fit frequently, and check for sores from the
harness hardware, too.