Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:08:28 -0800
Functioning on a schedule referred to as *Bob* time, our new moderator
will go anywhere that will have him to talk about ferrets.  He is never
late  no matter WHAT time he arrives.  Confessing to speeding tickets
in Washington and Texas, Bob confesses that he is not perfect.  As he
recently professed, he has reached his limit in Texas.  It will be
interesting to see how that affects his *Bob time* schedule during his
upcoming trip to the Lone Star state.  (Bob claims that he has simply
taken Einsteins theory of *relativity* a step farther.  *Didn't Einstein
say time was relative?  I have just taken 'relative time' to heart. ;-)*)
Speaking of relatives, Bob has four children.  A daughter, Elizabeth, has
been a participant on ferret lists in the past.

Born in California, our moderator returns there often.  As a teenager he
considered a career in medicine.  Spending his junior and senior years in
high school as an orderly in the ICU of the local hospital, Bob entered
the Navy following his high school graduation.

Four years as a Navy Corpsman sealed his decision to NOT become a doctor!
Instead, he became a husband and father.

After the Navy, it was on to college.  Bob studied with a top
photojournalist and began working as a newspaper photographer before
signing on with the Associated Press.  Before retiring to return to
school, Bob was an award-winning photojournalist.  From San Diego to
Arkansas, Bobs shutter has fluttered.  It takes little encouragement
to get a good story from Bob!

Bob was introduced to ferrets through a friend.  His first ferret was
to him, as to many of us, like any other pet.  Had it not been for
Stella, who refused to be ignored, Bob may never have developed his
current level of interest in ferrets and what we know as a result of
that interest might not exist today.  Currently Bob is working to amass
as much information and documentation on ferrets as possible.  He has
put together a large assortment of documents and other items (i.e.,
postcards, book plates and articles, postage stamps, books, ad sheets,
newspaper articles) that can be used to prove the history, attitudes
towards, and public knowledge of ferrets through the years.  Much of this
information will be included in one or more of the books on which he is
currently working.  (Bob very generously shares the wealth with readers
of the FML, thanks to BIG!)

Upon first meeting Bob, he may appear a little stand-offish.  Not so,
says he.  Quiet until he gets to know you, Bob is a little shy.  (You
didnt see that coming, did you?) Bob is a Quaker  not the *quaking in
his boots variety,* but of the *(Society of) Friends meet here* genre).
Bob also confesses to being an extrovert and a bit of a show-off.
Egotistical?  No.  Self-confident?  You bet!  Bob sets very high
standards for himself, finding it easier to forgive others than himself.
While he admits that, by his standards he may not always be a highly
moral person, he is quite ethical.  If I want people to believe what I
say, I cant compromise my ethics.  Without ethics, there will be no
credibility. "

Meet Bob Church, a highly credible and ethical human being, in St. Louis!

Write Bob at [log in to unmask] and invite him to speak at your next
meeting!

Meet Me in St. Louis!
April 29 - May 1, 2005
International Ferret Congress