From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:05:21 -0700
I've been busy, hot on the trail of a handful of a ferret named Peter
Carlos.  I've not had much time to tell you about the day he arrived
because it's been one thing after another with him.  I've never had such
a hard time following and introducing a new little one to the bridge
before.  Let's start with the day he arrived.

I was at my post at the foot of the bridge next to the rice beds, when a
familiar light appeared at the end of the bridge.  Peter was to arrive
and I was to find Echo, Tally, Toby, Lucy and Max for him so that they
could be together once again.  But I did not really get to see Peter
Carlos because before my eyes could even focus on him, I saw a blur of
fur and felt a something rush right by me.  I called out to him asking
him to wait, but he didn't.  Thank goodness he wasn't used to his wings
yet and I knew how to break the sound barrier with mine.  Luck had it
that I finally located him on a hill under at tree tormenting a
wolverine.  That wolverine was barking and stomping at him while he
dooked and laughed.  Peter took great joy in grabbing him by the tail and
holding on while the wolverine spun in circles trying to snap at him.

I called him over and introduced myself, and tried to being orientation
to the bridge with him.  Just as I was motioning to the fields of flowers
and began to describe what great wonders lie over the hills, he was gone
yet again.  So using some power sniffing, I had to hunt him down yet
again.

After much investigation, I was on his trail again.  But not much
progress was being made.  That's when I located his friends in laundry
mountain and broke the news to them that Peter had arrived.  Echo was
smiling in particular about the news.  And they had a hunch of where he
might have went off to.  So our group went off to find the little rascal
who seemed to have already made himself quite comfortable in the clouds
up here.

It was quite a hike, but we finally came upon Echo's destination.  Home
of the wild ones ... the black footed ferrets.  And there Peter was,
mimicking that wolverine whom he took lessons off of.  He was harassing
the wild ferrets.  Or so he thought.  Most of them picked at their teeth,
rolled their eyes, and would occasionally mutter, "ooo and ahhh" to make
him feel good.  Echo got a mischievous look to his eye and motioned to
Tally, Toby, Lucy and Max to follow him.  They got down into a mud bank
and painted each other like the wild ones and then mixed into the group
that Peter was bugging.  When Peter went to display his teeth and thrash
his head about in front of their faces, they did it right back and lunged
at him knocked him right on his butt.  His eyes were wide from shock that
these "wild ones" did not fall for his big, scary show.  Echo couldn't
help but roll in the buttercups laughing uncontrollably at poor Peter.
Peter Carlos recognized the familiar voice and raised in eyebrow.  The
others laughed and tackled him.  They were all one big mud mass rolling
in the flowers.  I think that had to be the most unique reunion's I've
ever seen.

They all had quite a day together.  And once things settled down and they
all cleaned up, they guided Peter over the to the reflecting pond to show
him mom down below.  Rather than go off to find a good hammie, they all
bedded down together in one massive ferret next.  Peter was the last to
fall asleep ... staring into the water and his head resting on Echo's
shoulders.

Sandee