From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:20:13 -0800
                    How the ELF Came to Be

Long ago, but not so very long ago, a small mischievous fairy appeared.
While most did not see her for what she was, someone certainly did, and
called her as they saw her.  She was an Elf!  Hiding among us!  Now this
frisky little blonde lady er, Elf, blended in well enough in a crowd,
but if you looked very closely, her tiny pointy ears gave her away.

With all her elfin charm, she began to do things like teaching ferret
loving humans how to do card exchanges, made calendars featuring fur
stars, and even lured others into producing great events known as the
Ferret Symposium.

While often denying her Elf-hood, those who know her tried to determine
what she was if she wasnt an elf.  Dwarf?  No.  Midget?  No.  Troll?
No.  Pixie?  No.  And so, it remains a mystery, but there are those of
us that do know exactly what she is.  Anyway, back to my story

Now this little Elf has conjured up a new way to help ferrets in need.
She has determined that from time to time, ferret Emergencies occur,
and the little ferrets and the kind humans that care for them need
some extra help.  Yes, Support Our Shelters helpsyou know, S.O.S.that
wonderful group that helps little ferrets with things like food and other
supplies and vet care, but they just cant help with other Emergency
situations.

Only through their Love for the ferrets do these humans care for the
often sick and homeless fur children.  Oh, they get by.  But, now and
then, something terrible strikes.  Like the ruthless sisters Frances and
Jeanne, and their naughty brothers Charley and Ivan.  Or like when the
hideous appliance gremlins attack.  Weve all witnessed them!  What if a
tree were to fall through their roof or their car were to go to the Great
Parking Lot in the Sky?  Horrors!  Thats when the kind hearted humans
caring for all these homeless ferrets need Emergency help.

What are we to do? Elf asked her friend, LindaFerret?  "We need Funds
to help these good people that provide food and Love and shelter for all
these sweet ferrets during an Emergency."  LindaFerret reached over and
groomed Elfs ears, and comforted her.  I dont know, but well find
the Funds, somewhere...

Elf went home and pondered the seriousness of the situation.  She knew
all the little ferrets needed an Emergency Love Fund to help the humans
take care of them when things happen that are not expected.

Elf asked LindaFerret what she thought about starting an Emergency Love
Fund for the ferrets.  LindaFerret was so excited she wardanced and fell
right onto the computer keyboard.  Together, they e-mailed ShelterMama
to see if she thought it would work.  ShelterMama thought it would be a
wonderful idea and voted three raisins up!

So, that is how the ELF came to be.  One sweet lady er, Elf, thought we
needed the Emergency Love Fund.

[JY]