Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:44:02 -0800
When I returned home from Europe at the end of last November, my luggage
was lost.  Ultimately they were both returned (the first one after a few
days, but the second one was only lately returned).  However, the latest
one was damaged and some of the contents lost.  Unfortunately, while I
didn't mind losing a bag of dirty socks and skivvies, I also lost my bag
of European ferret books.  They are all gone and I have little or no hope
of them being returned.  The airline blamed the people searching the bags
for not zipping things back together correctly, and the security people
blamed the airline.  Whomever is at fault, I no longer have most of the
books I diligently collected while in Europe.  Luckily I placed the
ferret books from the Netherlands and Hungary in the bag holding my 4x5
camera and film, which was carry-on luggage, so not everything was
completely lost.  However, the ferret books I bought in Spain, France,
Germany, Sweden, Denmark, and Italy are gone.

I am hoping someone from the listed countries (or any other country)
would be willing to help me replace the lost books.  I can either send
payment for the books plus shipping, trade for American ferret books, or
I can send ferret supplies that may not be available in your country;
your choice.

Any help would be appreciated.  I am compiling a list of all books on
ferrets ever published worldwide, and I need the books to review the
contents, write a summary, scan the covers, and compare them to other
books.  Please email me directly with a capitalized "BOOK" in the subject
line so I don't lose the email in the torrent of messages I am lately
receiving.

Thanks!

Bob C  [log in to unmask]

"The herb-doctor had not moved far away, when, in advance of him, this
spectacle met his eye.  A dried-up old man, with the stature of a boy of
twelve, was tottering about like one out of his mind, in rumpled clothes
of old moleskin, showing recent contact with bedding, his ferret eyes,
blinking in the sunlight of the snowy boat, as imbecilely eager, and, at
intervals, coughing, he peered hither and thither as if in alarmed search
for his nurse.  He presented the aspect of one who, bed-rid, has, through
overruling excitement, like that of a fire, been stimulated to his feet."
--Herman Melville 1857 The Confidence-Man.