From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:08:32 -0500
Hello all (-:

My ferret Jillie has just started developing this ridged circle all the
way around the base of her tail.  I first noticed it about three weeks
ago, and it is slowly getting a bit more pronounced.  The vet concurred
that it is probably a chordoma, and said that if it is we should amputate
the tail (it is at the beginning of her tail, just about 1/2 an inch from
her bottom).  I'll wait to see how it develops and look into more info,
but I'm curious about other experience with such chordoma's.  Are they
painful?  She doesn't seem bothered when I check it.  I assume having a
tail removed is a low risk surgery, but is it a painful recovery?

Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated!

Dooks
Risa