From:
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:38:46 -0500
Well, x-rays are back and it looks like BOTH of Elvis's hips are luxated.
He'll need surgery (femoral head excision) on both his little hip joints.
Dr. Regan isn't sure still if it was malnutrition or a trauma.  Either
way, she suspects he is in a lot of pain and has given him pain meds
until he is strong enough for surgery.

Sugar's blood work came back GREAT!  On closer inspection of her belly,
the doc thinks she *may* have a mummified baby in her uterus.  Poor
little girl.  She'll be having surgery after the holidays and after
she has gained a wee bit more weight.

It's so touching to me, as a shelter mom when other shelters come through
for you.  I wish i could name you all here, but that would take forever!
You have all been fantastic.  I do have to send a special thanks to
Ferret Friends Disaster Response and to the Alberta Ferret Society.  You
both knew exactly what we needed and I just wanted to let you know your
packages arrived yesterday.  Thank you!

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>