From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 14:19:49 -0800
Know what happened today?  I got lessons on how to round up ferrets and
how to ride the boys cowboy style.  A little white girl with pretty, dark
eyes came over the bridge and I was all ready to show her the ropes.
Well, she showed ME the ropes.  Good thing I'm up on my sign language
because she talks with her face, body, and paws.  She couldn't wait to
show me how to leap on some poor black footed ferret hobbling by and ride
em cowboy.

"Come on," she said, "You can do it!"  So I did.  I backed up, stalked
some poor, unsuspecting soul and jumped up in the air.  Except the ferret
I picked bucked me right off it's back and into a puddle.  So I gave it
another try.  And then off we went to round up some boys and to give them
a hard time.  I think they let us though to make us feel good.  But I
didn't tell her.  When we got tired of doing that, we met up with Jigs,
Slim, Luna, and Nacho at the 'tone fountain.  We were exhausted after we
had some ferretone because then we just had to keep licking each others
lips to make sure we got every last drop off of each other.  Ever get a
tongue cramp?  No?  Well, it makes you talk awfully funny.  I was glad
that Shelby couldn't hear how silly I sounded.

We all flat ferreted around, and as I rolled over onto my back, I told
Shelby how much Cujo missed her.  How he looks for her to play with.
She said she missed him too, but that he'll feel better.  And then he'll
see her in his puppy dog dreams.  As you know, Christmas is a favorite
holiday for us ferrets.  And we are working hard up here decorating and
un-decorating trees.  I told Shelby that his family sure was going to
miss her this Christmas.  She said, "But just think of all the peace and
quiet they'll have for a change," and she snickered at how much of a
handful she was.  "I'm so glad that I'm remembered.  But I'm not glad
that they miss me.  I hope that soon they will remember me more than
they miss me."

Sandee