From:
Northern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:02:47 -0800
I had a little sable girl with freckles that was going to turn one
year old on April 4th.  She crossed the bridge this morn after surgery
to clear a partial blockage of her intestine.  They say she made it
through the surgery just fine but crashed shortly afterwards.

This the second ferret I have lost after a surgery.  The first was Bruno
and Tootise was his replacement for me and Spunky.  Spunky and her really
hit off.  They bonded well.  Now Spunky has lost 2 ferret friends and I
don't know how she is going to react to this loss.  The loss of Bruno
almost killed her.  So far she has not noticed that she is gone.  I just
took Tootise to the vets yesterday morn.  I also think that Spunky is
going adrenal again.  She did 3 years ago and it was removed.  I noticed
that her genitalia has become swollen but no hair loss, yet.  Spunky is
at least 6 years old.

To the Bridge Greeters: Can you make sure that Tootise makes it across
alright?  She never met Bruno but I'm sure Spunky told her all about him.

I'm going to let the vet dispose of the body.  The ground around here is
just too frozen at this time for me to bury her.  I'm not sure if I'm
going to own another ferret again.  I may just let Spunky finish her
days with me and then pack up all my tubes, bags and cage then call it
quits.  I just don't know yet.  The grief is almost like a physical
pain.  I have never had pets touch my heart like these little weasels.

I would like to thank Bill the Mod. for having such a forum for people
to share info and express themselves.  I look forward to reading my
daily digest every morn. and get upset when it misses a day.

When I'm asked if I have any pets and I say "yes I do, I have a couple
of ferrets.  "People look at me kinda of strange and then ask me "Do
they make good pets?" I reply "yeah, most of the time."

Thanks for listening.
M.Northern