From:
Brenda Steinfurth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:10:55 -0500
I am so numb, I'm barely able to think to post.  I bought Rocky from a
Sweet Feed store in late Feb. 2002, it was freezing cold outside and he
fit in the palm of my hand.  I was told he was between 6-8 weeks old.
Carried him home, was not aware until a couple months later that he was
deaf--he had the blaze ruby red eyes, and white knees of Waardenburg's
Syndrome.  No matter, we trained him to respond to vibrations from
stomping on the floor.  He was my quiet" ferret, didn't dook, and let me
know he wanted attention by biting my leg, or scratching it if I was
laying down.

Got up Wed. morning, and he seemed very groggy on getting him up out of
his cage.  Put him on the floor, his back legs seemed a little wobbly, so
I picked him back up in my arm on his back, and on running my hand down
his tummy, felt a large lump.  He was taken to my vet, blood work was
fine, xrays inconclusive, so I gave the ok for an exploratory, both the
vet and I thinking maybe he ate something causing a blockage.  An hour
later, my vet called and told me she had bad news, the large lump was a
cancerous growth that had taken over his stomach, and a second lump she
had found was a metastasis of the first one.  His stomach had ruptured,
there was a tear going up into the esophagus.  I decided the best and
only thing to do was not to let him wake up.  I only regret that I didn't
have time to tell him about the bridge, but Muldoone, I have another baby
there, Lady, who passed in the mid 80's-please help him to find her, even
though they did not know each other.  Tell him that mommy and daddy miss
him so much, as well as his brothers Max and Sammy, and we will all see
him again someday.

We love you Rocky, little WokWok, play free, you finally are able to
hear, too.