From:
Charleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:11:50 -0800
Hi Everyone,

Many times over the years that I have had Sassy I have posted about her.
Sassy was one of the first ferrets that Dr. Cathy Johnson Delaney did an
ultrasound on when she started the adrenal study three years ago.  Sassy
had been on lupron for three years.  All her fur grew back and her vulva
was small when she passed over Monday Morning.  I think she had a stroke
a couple of days ago.  She had been having trouble standing and I knew
her days were limited.  Monday morning at 3:30am I woke up to someone
screaming in the ferret room.  I rushed in to find her in terrible pain
and took her to my bed after giving her pain medicine.  I listened to her
heart slowly beating and her short little breaths.  Around 5:30am I took
her back to her cage thinking she had passed over and I would let her
spirit talk to all the ferrets before I buried her in the morning.  At
around 7:00am I heard screaming coming from the ferret room and found her
still alive so I called the vet and told him we were on our way to have
her put to sleep but she chose to pass over on the way there.

Sassy would have been 7 years old in April, she came from a Pet Store in
Kirkland.  I rescued her out of that pet store when no one brought her
at 6 months old.  She was a Triple Farm Ferret out of PA.

Charleen and the Wa. tails