From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:24:49 -0500
Greetings all,

I do not think that I have a problem but I am going to ask because of
my relative inexperience with Ferrets.  I am fortunate to be the owner
of two interior decorators, Maggie and Bart.  I purchased Maggie from
my local pet store this summer and adopted Bart from a local shelter
early this winter.  Both have been seemingly healthy with the exception
of isolated cases of short lived ribbon-like stool which was quickly
rectified.  I have recently noticed something that doesn't seem natural
in Bart, a 1 year old male from Marshall Farms.  Between his penis and
anus there is a tube that seems unnaturally taught but is uniform as far
as I can tell (no bumps as far as I can tell).  It runs the length
between the aforementioned body parts and is close to the surface of his
belly.  Bart is fixed and dissented.  Being the first two Ferrets that I
have owned I don't know if this is a normal thing for a fixed male or
something I should have addressed by a professional.  I would be under
your debt for anyone knowledgeable who wishes to give their two cents.
I have clearly stated the situation.

Thank you in advance,
Ryan xxxxxxxxxx and the two interior redecorators