From:
Debra Chapman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:28:30 -0800
I wrote to the gentleman in Denmark who is supposedly going to kill the
800 ferrets, and this is the response I got:

Hi Debra,
thanks for mail, i do not know what you have been told, but i am sure it
is not fact, after reading your mail.  DK laws give special way to keep
ferrets, much harder than any US law for keeping any animal - green
peoble here have much power.

i hear roumers of killing 800 animals or what did you hear ?  i have to
deveolpe my colony every year to get better animals for you (my customers
world wide) have do not have much space after new rules, so i have to
change ca.  40-50 heads each year ( very old breeder of 6-8 years which
no longer can deliver babies) is taken out and 40-50 new babies of last
season is kept( the very best from the very best parants) every year i
loose ca.  40-50 of natural coarses as they live here till they die of
olderness (?) so i have to bring extra 40-50 babies for my breeding, but
this year i only take the 50 heads and not 100 as i use to do.  the extra
50 heads were sold in germany in December for very cheap money ( euro
25,- each ) they were not tame and 6-7 months old - and i give no
garantee for not biting.  my customer accepted this.

today the colony complete ca.  650-700 heads, and i buildning now new
cage of 6 times bigger than waht they had before.  it is double size of
what goverment recomment, so i do more for my ferrets than any other
serious breeder with many animals have done, try to visit the big
breeders in USA and see the way they breed, and then don't come back to
me a tell i not loving my animals.

best regards
soren

Deb Chapman