From:
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:14:38 -0500
Well, where to begin.  The kids are all holding their own and GAINING
weight!  Our little Elvis LOVES playing with balls.  Though he is blind,
he can hear where they roll and he chases them though the shelter.  It's
sad watching him because his back end is still so weak and he falls
during the chase, but we're happy we got to him in time.  The others
(Fleur, Sugar and Cassy) are still gaining weight and doing better.

Today, I had a bit of trouble with the BREEDER's daughter.  She found
out where i lived and my home phone number.  I guess having my last name
on the news didn't help :)

Anyway, she is threatening to "have me taken care of" if any more trouble
comes to her family about these ferrets.....

SO, many of you KNOW me, and you know what i'm like.  This family has
now GIVEN me a reason to fight harder for the rights of our Paris rescue
kids.  MY Christmas present to ME this year, is making sure these people
PAY for the EXTREME neglect and suffering they caused these ferrets.  I
don't take threats lightly and I don't take abuse lightly.

Her excuse of not taking care of the ferrets was her father being in the
hospital for a month.  One that I take to heart as I spent FOUR months in
the hospital watching MY mother die (AND I HAD NO family to help me) BUT
none of my animals ate each other.

Originally, our SPCA was not returning my phone calls about these kids.
I finally got in touch with someone today and let them know that I meant
business (in a nice way).  He was a NICE Inspector and as a result,
CHARGES WILL GO FORTH in the Paris rescue.

The ponies still haven't been taken care of and *may* be removed from the
farm.  If any of you are interested in helping with the ponies, please
call Inspector Darrin 1-905-898-7122

Here's what i need from all of you; PLEASE write SUPPORTIVE letters to
the SPCA, thanking them for taking this case on and doing what they can
to ensure charges will stand.

Other rescue operators who have contacted me letting me know YOU have
never seen this kind of abuse, PLEASE write that to the SPCA.

Veterinarians, PLEASE write what YOU think would make a ferret eat its
cage-mate and what kind of distress YOU believe could have caused it.

PLEASE also send me a copy of what you send the SPCA for my files on this
case.  THANK YOU ALL for your kindness, dedication and love sent forth to
these kids.  I'm so happy to say all 29 made it out of there and will
survive.  My love to each and every one of you.

Insp. Jamey Fry
Brant County SPCA
PO BOX 163
539 Mohawk Rd.
Branford, Ontario
N3T 5M8 Canada

cc me at
PO BOX 1305 STN B
Miss., Ont.
L4Y 2M3 Canada

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>