Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:02:45 -0700
From:
Yvonne Zoll <[log in to unmask]>
This was so funny I just had to share.  Every year my brother in law and
myself go in halves on a big vegetable garden.  This year he decided it
would be a good idea to try adding some composted hay and horse manure
to the garden before tilling to act as fetrilizer and help soften up the
soil a bit.  I was all for it, and so far it works great!  Anyway, he
brought over another truckload the other day and just dumped it in a big
pile out back for us to get to later.....well while we were unloading it
the dogs decided what a fun apparently tasty and wonderful cologne the
composted manure makes!  So we ended up with ah, very stinky poopy
puppies.  My hubby let them inside before I could stop him, and the
ferrets just went into a total frenzy as soon as the dogs got inside,
dooking and pouncing all over and around the dogs.  It was so funny.
The ferrets were diving and snorkeling into the dogs fur and rolling all
around in it.  Fenris tried to pull poor Pumba under the couch even
though Pumba is 40 pounds and has no hope of ever remotely fitting under
there.  It was a huge mess.  By the time we managed to get the 3 dogs
bathed, there were 5 of 7 ferrets needing baths too.....and bits of well,
you know, manure,lol,and hay all over the house.  (good thing all our
floors are tile!)

I would have never thought of manure as a ferrety fun toy, but then again
they will eagerly climb into any available trash can and spread its
contents all throughout the house if they are permitted to, so I guess
it makes sense,lol.

I guess today's tip is if you ever plan on taking your ferrets outside
on a farm, avoid the stables or you will have stinky little critters!
I'm just glad it was composted and not the fresh stuff!

Dooks and Hugs!
Yvonne