Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:44:10 -0500
From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Re: Laser:
since you didn't spot anything telltale it will be pretty impossible
to know if there may have been subtle signs without having a necropsy
with pathology.  Somethings are not all that easy to spot.  Lymphoma
is sometimes hidden.  A/V Heart Node block can turn on suddenly.  A
thrombosis (thrown clot) from some illnesses (usually cardiomyopathy but
also kidney disease, lymphoma, etc.  or from some meds including herbals
like licorice root) can sometimes have a massive result.  Kidney disease
can be very silent in some.  You get the idea.  It just is guess work
form this end with that little info.

Yesterday I wrote:
>Unless a person counts one we had who had his lymphoma first show up
>in an adrenal we haven't lose one to adrenal disease.  Of those with
>pancreatic disease none here had diabetes (except for temporary diabetes
>in an elderly one after insulinoma surgery but she died later of
>cardiomyopathy) -- all had insulinoma- like symptoms but of those one
>was actually carcinoma, one was actually lymphoma, and one actually
>had definite insulinoma without those malignancies but died after many
>months of managing her health carefully of a rare cardiac complication
>of insulinoma (Complete A/V Heart Node Block).

but I just realized today that some people may read that and think that
all of our ferrets (instead of all of our ferrets who had pancreatic
problems) had insulinoma symptoms instead of diabetes one.  GLACH!
No, our rate is far, far lower.  Talk about my having worded something
badly!  LOL!

So, if anyone is interested in our own rate of insulinoma PLUS insulinoma
mimics (We have twice had other malignancies mimic insulinoma -- once
with lymphoma and once with carcinoma.) is around 20% Of those the ones
with lymphoma (Fritter) or carcinoma (Ashling) in the pancreas did die of
those different malignancies.  We also lost one (Seven of Six who was an
adult rescue we had who came here when we were told -- by someone who was
wrong it turned out -- that the shelter was going to destroy her) after
many months of careful treating to a rare terminal complication of
insulinoma: Complete A/V Heart Node Block.  Steve and i have not
personally lost any to insulinoma itself.

Hope that helps; our rate is no where near as high as that alternative
reading might make it seem.  I was just talking with a friend who read a
post on an entirely different matter (the MO breeder mentioned recently)
and we found that we each read part of that post differently from each
other so maybe that helped me see that the wording in my own was
nebulous.  It happens to everyone, and then clarification is needed, but
I hope that this helps folks know what I meant in my own bad wording!

-- Sukie (not a vet) who is off to eat the doggie bag from Valentine's
day dinner.  YUM!  Someone else's dahl recipe, saffron rice, and a bit
of tandoori!