From:
Pat Baby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 07:43:23 -0700
My ferret Weezy had diahrrea for what seemed like forever.  We tried
almost everything.  Finally we have hit on something that seems to be
working 99% of the time.  I switched her to Medi-cal preventative cat
food, give her .5 ml of pred daily and 1 cc of childrens (cherry)
Kaopectate every morning.  The meds are given with her duck soup, which
is made from ground chicken, bone and organs left in.  I questioned the
Vet if long term Kao was harmfull, and he said not in this small dose.

She is also adrenal, so we were questioning if the diahrrea was a side
effect from that.  Just recently she had her first melatonin implant and
that seems to be perking her right up, better than the lupron did.  The
diahrrea did get better before she got the implant, so neither the
lupron or melatonin can be credited with the improvement.

I believe it is the combination of pred, Kaopectate and Medi-cal.  The
old girl is the best she has been in almost 2 years.

Pat Bbby