From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:16:46 -0800
Hey--
I have a question about ear mites.  My five are currently going through
them again right now, I have one albino that gets them bad, reeally bad.
He scratches his until they bleed and he almost becomes deaf, bad.
Anyways, around their ears they get little reddish-brown scabs.  I read
that they are present with mites, but don't know if they are because of
mites directly or because of an imbalance or change in the tissue.  How
do I clean them off??  Do they hurt??  Also, the mites have been in
their ears for an extremely long time, since around the middle of
january.  They haven't been in their room for that long of a time, only
in the bathroom where it is easier to clean.  I change their bedding
every other day and put OTC miticide (Tried the vet prescription once,
didn't work at all and ran out and bought this stuff) in their ears
every other day, but more frequently in the past few days.  I just
realized a week or two ago that I need to clean the ear before dropping
the miticide in and its been helping a whole lot (dummy me).  Shouldn't
the mites start to go away by now or was it because I wasn't cleaning
the ear first??

I have yet another question, my baby Johnny, the albino, he hates the
miticide and cleansing routine.  Does it hurt them to get the drops??
He thrashes a bit, but I dont know if its because of pain or because he
*hates* getting the drops.  Thanks

Could somone post on the mailing list so others could benefit also??

Thanks

K[S]