From:
"T. Gregg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:03:06 -0800
It is with deep sadness that I write to whoever greets the babies at
the Rainbow Bridge, that my dear sweet Caollaidhe (pron Kay Lee) arrived
at the Bridge sometime last night or early this morning.  She was almost
6 years old.  She was a sable siamese, with personality to spare.  She
was the first of her litter to go exploring on her own.  I should have
expected her to be the first to go scout out the Rainbow Bridge and find
all the good hidey spots there.

She was the sweetest kindest ferret you could ever want to own, a little
bit of a trouble maker who liked to search every corner for trouble to
find.  She had been in good health until lately and I couldn't even be
there to say Goodbye to her.  I am in Ireland and she was in California,
staying with my mom, who loved her too.  She leaves behind her sister,
with whom she's never been separated until yesterday when she was
hospitalized for severe dehydration and lethargy.  I can't even get a
flight out to go home to bury her.  I feel so guilty for leaving her, and
not being there for her.

Please tell her that her mommy is eternally sorry and loves her deeply
and will never forget her.  Tell her that I'd give anything to see her
again and hold her and have her kiss my forehead like she use to do every
morning.  Tell her that I tried to be the best mommy I could for her and
will never forgive myself for not being there to take care of her at the
end.  I should have been more observant and saw that something was wrong
before I left town and should have cancelled my trip to be with her.
Help her to make new friends at the Bridge, where she will be her fat and
sassy self oncemore.  I will never forget her and am counting the days,
until I will be home to kiss and love on her sister Aisling so she won't
be alone anymore.

With deep sadness, I say Goodbye to my sweet little girl.  Please watch
over her and keep her safe for me.

Tracy (Missing Aisling, who's left all alone at home- waiting for her
mommy to return)