From:
Celtic Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:27:19 -0500
>From:    Christine Fowler <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Biting
>
>Could anyone here give me some advice on how to get a kit to stop biting?

Baby ferrets bite because that is how they explore the world.

The easiest way to get a ferret to stop biting is to scruff her and tell
her no!.  If she tries to bite when you put her down, give her a short
time out in an empty carrier.  when you let her out of the carrier, give
her a treat and praise her.

I've had some good luck with the following tip from Bob Church.  Get a
make up brush and wear it on you so it smells like you.  Then brush the
baby's face.  Odds are the baby will stick its nose into the middle of
the brush, possibly grab it with her mouth and so on.  This is a way to
socialize and bond with your bet.  The brush takes the bites instead of
you.

KG