From:
"TinyPrintsOnTheHeart.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:26:38 -0500
In defense of post yesterday, like you said, what the managers did (going
in before the explosion not after) is far and few between, so are the
problems you stated.  I no longer work there and yes, there are problems
at some stores, but I think for a major pet store they are pretty good.
Had your manager chimed in and told corporate about the issues with the
animals, they would make strides to make changes.  But they have to know
about it.  It is NOT Petco's direct fault for the conditions the pets
come into the store.  That is the SUPPLIERS fault and they should be the
target of your complaints.  I know for a fact that we (when I worked
there and continues to this day) at the Reading store have switched
supplies on many occasions due to the way the animals arrived at the
store, however, complaint after complaint were filed, even for the
smallest of details.  If corporate does not know about the problem they
can't fix it.  They have even changed fish suppliers, because of some
issues like you are saying.

Peta owns alot of stock in Petco.......did you know that.  So why are the
reaping the benefits from a large Pet store they make money off of.  When
they complain in the news, it draws attention to Petco, people go there,
spend their money and the share holders make money.  So it seems to me,
that Peta needs to do some soul searching first before anyone in that
organization can complain about a store they hold a major share in.  Just
food for thought............

Seems to me like your issue should be with the manager for allowing all
that to happen in the store.  If you did not like what was going on, they
have the hotline posted all over the place, and you just have to call and
report things.

Marguerite
Former Employee at Petco
Petfinder Web site benefit (which Petco helps to fund)
Benefitter of fundraisers from their funddrives in the store, Petco does
alot of good!

TinyPrints On The Heart.....
TinyPrints Shih Tzu, TinyPrints Ferretry and Rescue
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com
Ebay Sales to Benefit TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Medical Fund
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZalohaferrets
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm