From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 03:33:28 -0500
Shona wrote:
>And as I said before: accidental injuries / deaths, not deaths overall.

Choking on kibble is not unusual, but virtually never serious.

Shona, I think that you were rushed and recalled the resource but
missed the focus.  You will notice that his category was accident --
NOT death -- and that DEGREE never played into it.  As he writes:
>Also, since this is a discussion of risk, not mortality, I made no
>distinction between death and injury, or even the degree of injury.

It doesn't surprise me at all that Bob found mentions of a number of
people talking about ferrets glacking on their kibble.  That happens
pretty often when they rush so we have all seen it mentioned in that
regard a number of times (and we've certainly in our family encountered
the same minor accident for non-kibble solid foods of other types when
they rush, too, as we have personally seen with kibble).

Here's the past post you used:
http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0305&L=FERRET-SEARCH&P=R19853