From:
Rebecca Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:52:05 EST
>From:    Krista <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Chicken FerretBites
>
>Hey!  I was just wondering what everyone thinks about 8 in 1 Chicken
>FerretBites.  I don't know whether to try them out or not.  Any help
>is appreciated!

Well, since the first 3 non-water ingredients are starch and sugar, I'd
give 'em a pass.  If you haven't seen Bob Church's wonderful articles on
ferret nutrition and the effect it has on their health, you really should
give them a look-see.  (I'd go chase down the URL from the Archives, but
I'm feeling lazy today.) ;)

>From:    Elayne Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret artwork listed on ebay to benefit shelter ferrets
>
>I've never done anything with ebay before, so this is kind of a practice
>listing to get my feet wet.   Please take a look and let me know if you
>have any feedback that might help me do a better.
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7120873305

Looks good to me, but then I'm a fan of the subtle approach.  When I have
auctions posted (which hasn't been many, lately), I try to keep the
lettering concise and readable, and the pictures managable.  I spent too
much time on a dial-up connection to have any love for the all-singing,
all-dancing, no wayto turn off the music pages that people load.

If you're going to keep doing this, you might want to sit down and think
about how you want to handle certain situations, like attempted returns,
bidders with low / no / negative feedback, payment due dates, bidders
outside your shipping area who don't read your information before
bidding; and write up a solid policy paragraph.  Also make certain that
you have a form letter that you can send out (or plug into PayPal)
after the auction closes, spelling out the final auction price, cost of
shipping and insurance, when the money is due, what forms of payment you
take, and your mailing address.  Also, I find that reminding the winner
that you expect to hear a confirmation from them within 3 business days
helps to cut down on the snafus.  I have the notice in my policy
paragraph and in the "Dear High Bidder" e-mail.  Good luck!

Hope that this helps the both of you,
~Becca, the Hopelessly Harried
fertmom to Sinead ("Tone bottle? What missing 'tone bott ...***BURP***")