From:
Catherine Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 11:28:12 EDT
Hon, I don't have all the facts, but listening to the posts here, I am
very, very worried for you.  These "ultimatums" only get worse.  Trust
me, I've been there.  The person that said "don't get sick" etc., is so,
so true.

If he can't accept you as you are, then DON'T.  For your own sanity!  I
was married for 10 years to one of those "control freaks."  I came home
from work one day and found him punishing our two young children for
eating a candy bar that he wanted.  He also picked that evening to bounce
my head off the bathroom tile for my daring to suggest that he wash his
own underwear.  (I was working, he wasn't.)  Needless to say, he was
packing the next day to go to his mothers.  Our bruises, both emotion and
physical hadn't even had a chance to fade.  The children are adults now.
The oldest is 25 and hasn't talked to her father since she turned 18....
it's sad.

Just be careful too, hon, that he won't pull that "mid-life crises" crap
on you and trade you in for a younger model in 10 years or so.

All I want is for you to be happy dear.  Just be careful.  Please.  I
have a helluva a lot of mileage behind me now and wish I could go back
about 26 years knowing what I know now.  Things would be a lot different.
If he ever hits you, run, don't walk.  They say they're sorry.  Some
recover.  Most don't.  And do it again and again and again......and you
get sucked into the fear cycle.

I hope things work out for you and you find your baby a good home.  Just
be careful for yourself.

I've been there dear.   And it isn't a nice place to be!

Catherine
Behind The Zion Curtain

"Why let someone do for you what you can do for yourself....except in the
 case of eyebrow maintenance!" - Elle Woods

[Moderator's note: There have been many comments about what is basically
a situation with lots of unknowns.  But two things we *do* know are that
the person already gave up the ferret and that she was never on the FML
to begin with.  I doubt she'll ever see our comments.  BIG]