Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 14:41:38 -0800
Hi All-
I've lurked on this list much more than I've partcipated, but I have
daily been grateful for the generosity, kindness, wisdom, perserverance,
optimism, and general goodness of FML.  I have learned, laughed, nodded
my head in agreement, and yes, shaken my head in astonishment as I've
gotten my daily ferret fix for the past 7 years.

As of yesterday, we are ferretless.  We helped Wilbur pass in January,
and Mojo, yesterday.  In both cases recurring adrenal disease was finally
more than their fierce little bodies could bear.  Both boys were 7 years
old.  Wilbur was our happy-go-lucky bouncing boy.  Mojo our intense,
serious little man.  They travelled far and wide - from the Olympic
Penninsula in WA to Tampa, FL and many places in between and always
enjoyed the adventure.  We are more heartbroken than I could ever have
anticipated being.  Those of you who have shared the lives and deaths
of many ferrets over the years have my admiration and utmost respect.
Yes, ferrets are worth it, but, damn, the loss is hard.

We won't be bringing any more ferrets into our lives and I'll be
unsubbing from FML, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU before I go.
Thank you, BIG, for all the work you do in keeping the list running
smoothly.  Thank you to all of you who post medical information, write
funny stories, and offer compassionate advice.  Thank you, shelter moms
and dads with your hearts so big and dedication so enduring.  Thank you
to regulars, and lurkers, and every single person that makes the ferret
community what it is.  You'll be missed.

-Lori Christian
who has been ([log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
and [log in to unmask])