From:
Deva Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 08:19:27 -0800
Rosie is a deaf Albino.  She makes noises when playing like the others.
She has learned some sign language.  Wiggly fingers near floor mean, "I
will pick you up."  Two paw-like hand positions that alternate up and
down mean , "It's time to play."  Running in place and pointing at the
ferret of choice means, "I am going to chase you and tickle your tummy."
Making a ferret face with your thumb and top fingers (like you do when
making shadow down animals) means, it's time for dinner.  Clapping hands
means, "Snack time."

Closing my eyes and resting my head on one shoulder means, "It's time to
go to sleep or your cage."  (Rosie goes to her cage, Max curls up on my
bed and goes to sleep, the others look at me like I am crazy--which makes
me feel like I am crazy.  But all the ferrets have learned the signs now.

Deva