From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 06:06:06 -0500
That reminds me of our Doc, an albino who was sometimes too smart for
his own good.  He used to love to get under the sink cabinet where there
was once a small hole (now a big hole) for the drain pipe.  He'd go back
there and curl up in the insulation to sleep.  Very difficult to get him
out, AND lots of "bad stuff" under the sink.

After trying several approaches to keeping him out, I found that a strip
of duct tape across the two doors of the cabinet would hold the doors
tightly closed.  I used the new clear tape so it hardly showed at all.

Try as he might, Doc couldn't pry the doors open enough to squeeze in.
Then one fateful day, Doc saw me open the cabinet by taking the tape by
the edge and pulling it off.  He watched very intently.  I no sooner
closed the cabinet and replaced the tape, then he stood up, grabbed the
edge of the tape in his mouth and pulled it off.  He was inside in
seconds.  Couldn't keep him out of there after that.

Never underestimate the mind of a ferret.

Dick B.