From:
Eleanor Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:35:15 -0500
As I write this tears are flowing.  I cannot believe Winter passed on
only 7 hours after losing Rocky.  I got the call at 9 a.m.  and I knew
when the phone rang that it had to be her telling me he did not make it.
She said he was just too tired and ready.  Hi immune system was so bad to
begin with.  He passed away at 2:30 in the morning.

I am numb and in disbelief.  He was 9 years and 3 months old.  He was
always so active but had started losing his balance.  I brought him for a
checkup with Rocky earlier yesterday because he kept losing his balance
and was weak.  Just an hour after leaving the vets, we had to rush him
back because he was in a seisure state.  He went down so quickly.  I
guess I always feel that they will live forever or at least hope so.

Winter (real name Winta2) was always by himself, he hated other ferrets
but loved cats.  He stayed in the bedroom with me after we had turned one
bedroom into a ferret room.  I did not want to put stress on him by even
smelling other ferrets.  I adopted Rocky (Skunky) and Winter from Gimmee
Shelter years ago.  I am going to miss them as they took a piece of my
heart when they adopted me and also when they left.

My heart goes out to each of you who have lost a ferret in the past or
who have a sick ferret.  I wish the sick a complete recovery and am so
very sorry for your loss of those who do not make it.

Eleanor, Donald and the 8 fuzzies, missing Winter and Rocky