From:
Angela Huser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:01:57 -0600
I came across a ferret food called "Frankie Ferret Food" that is a corn
free formula (yea!  no unnecessary fillers), made with chicken and
turkey.  It is made by a company called Supreme which is
based/manufactured in the UK.

Has anyone tried this food?  I am always researching food for ferrets
and what may be best for them, yada yada yada.  I tend to prefer organic
foods and making my own "natural foods" (cooked chicken, etc.) after
reading various articles and books about the pet food industry in the US.
The UK tends to not use BHA (butylated hydroxyanisole), BHT (butylated
hydroxytoluene), ethoxyquin and other various chemicals that could pose
harmful to our ferrets.  I have also read that the pet food that comes
out of the UK is better, as it is manufactured with higher quality
standards than in the US.  I actually had an experience where a ferret
food caused all of my ferrets to smell like formaldehyde, as formaldehyde
(in an aqueous solution by a different name) is used as a pet food
preservative.  Needless to say, I have never used that food again.

I just want to know if there is any feedback on this food.  I am thinking
about ordering some, as I like the fact it is out of the UK and it is
corn free.  In addition to this food, has anyone used Flint River Ranch
food?  They use all natural, human grade ingredients in all their pet
food.  Most pet food does not use human grade ingredients.

I don't know if any other FML posts in the past have address the quality
of pet food, but, here are some links if anyone wants to know about the
pet food manufacturing process:

www.belfield.com
www.api4animals.org

Have a good new year!

Angela and her gangster mob of 11 fuzzbutts