Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:40:52 -0500
From:
Diane Wall <[log in to unmask]>
I can't think straight enough at the moment to search the archives and
have a young ferret in emergency care at this minute.

Details: 6 month old very healthy 3.25 pound male neutered Marshall farms
ferret

One week ago: routine vaccinations no visible reaction

Day after vaccination: fine

Day 2 lethargic: contacted vet to update on status

Day 3-4 lethargic, would eat and drink lower volume stools, darker urine

Day 5- vet visit, temperature 107.4, administered fluids, Baytril stayed
in for the day observation, blood work taken, ultra sound no obstruction
(we wanted to rule everything out)

Day 6- temp lowers slowly to 105.4 then 103.3 no appetite, syringe fed
baby food, pedialyte

Today- temp down to 98 rushed back to vet this morning.  Warmed with
fluids, glucose given, incubator, temp up to 102

Blood tests show elevated white count and low album (vet thinks liver is
not functioning properly).

Help, we don't know if this is truly a vaccination reaction or something
else.

I do remember reading some information about young ferrets suddenly
getting ill without a good result.  Please assist me and little Rufus
anyway you can.

Diane Wall